Dr. Karl-Johan Bergstrand of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) shares light strategies and end of production (EOP) treatments to enhance herbs, lettuce and ornamentals in greenhouses.
This webinar features Dr. Karl-Johan Bergstrand of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU). Dr. Bergstrand provides growers and their cultivation and operations teams with comprehensive light strategies and end of production (EOP) treatments to enhance plant health, crop quality, flavour and colour of herbs and a variety of lettuces in your greenhouse.
Discussion topics include:
- Prompting plant response with adjustable light spectra and wavelengths
- Using light to improve biomass, height, colour and flavour
- Analyzing DLI (Daily Light Integral) requirements and opportunities to improve plant health and yields
- Applying research and trial results to real-world greenhouse production cycles
Why you should attend:
- Better understand the need for supplemental lighting in your greenhouse
- Learn about areas of crop improvement and how light can optimize your production results
- Evaluate specific light wavelengths and ratios to customize your own LED light strategies
- Recognize the impact light control and automation can have on your business
Dr. Karl-Johan Bergstrand
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Biosystems and Technology
One of Sweden’s leading horticulture researchers and professors, Dr. Bergstrand has conducted plant trials and published numerous articles and juried papers on greenhouse and controlled environment cultivation, lighting, ornamental plants, hydroponics, and plant response to nutrients and organic fertilizers. He has served as a faculty member with SLU since 2013 after completing his doctorate there and his post-doctoral studies at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU).
Plant + Light Expert, Heliospectra
Ida oversees Heliospectra’s in-house Plant Lab in Sweden and conducts both research and commercial crop trials to assess planned light strategies, plant health, crop performance and desired production outcomes.
Get in touch with us!
From custom light planning, to tailored quotes, and everything in between,
our team of horticulture experts are always ready to assist.